Job Title: Projects Manager
Working For: Conservative Friends of Israel Limited
Length of Contract: Permanent
Conservative Friends of Israel (CFI) works to promote its twin aims of supporting Israel and promoting Conservatism in the UK. CFI organises numerous events in and around Westminster, takes Conservative parliamentarians and candidates on delegations to Israel, campaigns hard for Tory candidates in target seats, and works to ensure that Israel’s case is fairly represented in Parliament.
CFI is seeking a highly organised and motivated individual with experience in events management and office administration, to take on a role as Projects Manager based in Westminster
The varied role encompasses responsibility for events management and strategy, fundraising initiatives, and office administration.
Events Strategy and Management:
- Develop and coordinate CFI’s annual events programme, including the Annual Business Lunch, Parliamentary Reception and Conservative Party Conference;
- Develop and coordinate a programme of parliamentary events with high-profile speakers;
- Identify new opportunities to maximise CFI exposure through events;
- Produce detailed proposals for events including timelines, venues, suppliers and costings;
- Coordinate venue management, caterers, contractors and equipment hire;
- Coordinate marketing of events, including drafting invitations & marketing material;
- Produce post-event evaluation, including attendance lists, fundraising analysis and following up with guests;
- Assist with coordination of campaigning sessions ahead of elections.
- Oversee office administration and maintenance, including invoicing, IT systems and external contractors;
- Provide HR support to Executive Director, including financial accounts and annual leave administration for team;
- Assist in administration of fundraising;
- Assist in recruiting interns to help with event management;
- General management and updating of the ACT database and CFI’s membership database;
- Oversee organisations’ GDPR compliance and serve as CFI’s Data Protection Officer;
- Coordinate and Minute CFI’s quarterly Advisory Board Meetings.
- Assist with CFI’s online communication platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and website;
- Assist with production of infographics and other interactive material, including video clips.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- Understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote CFI’s aims and values;
- Proven experience in event management;
- Knowledge of HR and Accounts, and experience of office management;
- Confidence in dealing with a wide range of senior stakeholders, including parliamentarians and businesspeople;
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise competing demands, including multiple events and projects at any one time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment;
- A confident user of MS Office applications (especially Excel and Word);
- The candidate must be available to attend Conservative Party Conference’s (subject to Jewish holidays) and be prepared to coordinate and attend events outside of usual working hours (i.e. breakfasts and dinners);
- Candidates will need the right to work in the UK.
- Previous experience using ACT database;
- Sound understanding of data protection legislation and how this relates to record-keeping and correspondence.
Closing Date: 2nd April 2021
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis throughout March and April 2021, with an intended start date being in early-mid April.
Please send a CV and covering letter to James Gurd at firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your relevant experience and skills.
If you have any queries relating to the position, please contact James on email@example.com.
Please note, that we may not be able to reply to all applicants, and we may make a decision before the closing date.
Thank you for your interest.