Hamas leader threatens new round of violence

By May 24 2018, 17:45 Latest News No Comments

Yahya Sinwar 2Prime Minister of Hamas, Yahya Sinwar has threatened a new round of violence in Gaza during the last week of Ramadan next month.

In an interview with Lebanese Al-Mayadeen television, Sinwar said he would not hesitate to sacrifice men, women and children in the process.

The Hamas leader had previously described the stated aim of the attempts to breach the border during ‘March of Return’ protests as follows: “We will take down the border and we will tear out their hearts from their bodies”.

In this week’s interview, Mr Sinwar boasted of large amounts of cash, equipment and expertise it has received from Iran and said Hamas is in touch with the Iranian-backed Hezbollah group in Lebanon “on an almost daily basis”.

In excerpts from the interview, translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute, Sinwar claimed that Hamas had “greatly developed its capabilities” thanks to friends, “first and foremost the Islamic Republic of Iran”.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Read previous post:
Twitter.com / Yair Lapid
Israel’s Foreign Minister Yair Lapid makes historic visit to UAE

Close